FAIRFIELD FARM COLLEGE OFSTED REPORT
Fairfield Farm College was last inspected in October 2015 when it was rated by Ofsted as Good in every key judgement area. The report stated that the College, based on a 26-acre Farm in Dilton Marsh, Westbury offers a wide range of vocational and independence skills programmes for 16-25 year olds with learning disabilities.
The Chair of Trustees said in a press release ‘The college has a 40-year history of supporting young people to achieve their living and occupational goals. The latest inspection outcome recognises and celebrates the continued commitment and achievement of staff and young people at the college’.
The report highlights the college’s role in supporting young people to develop good employability skills through a wide range of activities, which also enables them to make informed choices about study and work options after college. Inspectors state that young people develop very good communication and interpersonal skills through working in the college reception, café and farm shop.
Inspectors go on to highlight that young people:
- develop their confidence and skills through good teacher, high expectations of staff and a well-designed curriculum.
- achieve high standards of work across the college.
- are supported by staff with good industry experience in hospitality, retail, equine, customer service, horticulture and farming.
- make good contributions to the local and wider community and their experience in work and social settings prepares them well for to transition to adulthood.
- progress to work-based learning, voluntary work, paid work including an apprenticeship and higher level study and well as supported living within their communities.
Fairfield Farm College is a Specialist College for students with learning disabilities; it is a registered Charity, with residential, day and weekend courses. We are situated in the village of Dilton Marsh in Wiltshire. Our 26-acre farm site includes well-resourced teaching and vocational learning areas, a student common room, conference room, café and a farm shop.
LETS GET SOCIAL