The aim of the course is to develop practical skills in our purpose-built workshop. You will learn Health and Safety in the workshop and how to use a range of tools and equipment safely. This will focus your skills on designing, sourcing and producing a range of products using a variety of techniques. These may include: felting, ceramics, woodworking, metalwork, textiles, photography, decoupage, appliqué, mosaic, jewellery and tie dye. The second element of Enterprise is the attention to the budget setting, planning, business and leadership roles and team work that lead to products being advertised, marketed and sold through a variety of platforms such as the college farm shop and online.
Accredited by Ascentis:
- Using Employability Skills E1-L1
- Undertaking an Enterprise Project
• Internal – working on real projects around the college
• External – developing these skills in a variety of settings.
• Level 1 course at mainstream college, if appropriate
• Paid or supported employment or voluntary work in a retail outlets and practical skills centres.