You will learn to look after animals and the land as well as Health and Safety on a farm. Sometimes you may see animals born. You will meet the vet and the sheep/alpaca shearer and see them working.
You may learn to drive the college tractor, help with chain harrowing, rolling, haymaking, mending fences, hedging and ditching.
Accredited by AptEd:
• Developing Confidence Working with Small Animals – E3 (Poultry)
Non-accredited Vocational and Independence Training Awards (VITA’s) awarded at equivalent Entry Levels 1 to 3
• Internal – real projects around the farm working with the Farm Assistant.
• External – working on local sheep farm assisting with tasks, caring for animals at the Hope Nature Centre. Working at Mole Valley Farmers
Level 1 course at mainstream college, if appropriate
• Paid or supported employment or voluntary work in an animal park or farm
• Working in an agricultural retail outlet