You will learn stable management, horse riding and Health and Safety when dealing with horses. You will learn to groom, muck out and feed the horses. You will learn to clean tack and find out about First Aid for horses. You will meet the vet and the farrier and see them working. You will learn to ride the college horses in our outdoor arena. You may enter local horse shows and perhaps win a rosette!
• Non-accredited Vocational and Independence Training Awards (VITA’s) awarded at equivalent Entry Levels 1 to 3
• Internal – working on real projects within the equestrian unit and/or riding, preparing for and competing in local horse shows, helping to organise the college’s annual Horse (and Dog) Show
• External – working at The White Horse Equestrian Centre
• Level 1 course at mainstream college, if appropriate
• Paid or supported employment or voluntary work in an equestrian setting